Berlin Lumber’s manufacturing plant can supply your job site with all your roof and floor truss needs.
Most new home construction today uses premanufactured roof trusses. Rafters and ceiling joists used in traditional framing are replaced by the use of these prefabricated roof trusses. These trusses can allow a contractor to build homes that have more complex roof designs with greater accuracy and speed.
- Manufactured roof trusses are designed and built to meet building codes and a specific roof design. This allows for a more uniform pitch and size compared to traditional building methods.
- Premanufactured roof trusses allow for longer spans across a home, reducing the need for more load-bearing interior walls.
- Berlin Lumber’s truss manufacturing plant can create and haul roof truss designs up to 70 feet. Our delivery team can set trusses up to 65 feet with our crane trucks and our trucks have a 70 foot reach.
Using floor trusses in a building design over traditional floor framing can have many advantages. Many contractors use modern floor trusses to create high quality construction that reduces building time, waste, and floor squeak.
- Floor trusses are built with 2x4s or 2x3s with a wide, stable bearing surface. This makes it easier to work on and attach sheathing as well as reduce floor squeak.
- The space provided between the cords and webs creates a huge advantage when placing mechanical, electrical, and plumbing runs. Trusses provide the extra room needed for these systems to easily be installed in a building without extra drilling.
- Wood floor trusses can span over 30 feet, which is more than most engineered wood joists that existed before.
Prefabricated Wall Panels
Prefabricated wall panel construction produced offsite can dramatically improve the home building process for both the home builder and homeowner. Prefab wall panels offer a faster building cycle and consistent quality along with their ability to increase cost-effectiveness by reducing construction time and construction errors that compromise the air-tightness and structural durability of a home. Our fleet of delivery trucks can have wall panels delivered directly to a home or job site, letting the builder focus on other aspects of the job.
- Prefab wall panels reduce construction time which in turn reduces home builder costs and allows them to deliver a top-quality home to a buyer in less time.
- Jobsite material waste is reduced significantly.
- Wall panels are built to a customer’s exact specifications according to their construction plans. You don’t have to worry about if they will fit when delivered.
We’re here to help
Berlin Lumber sales staff are here to answer any service or product questions you may have. For help with your next project, contact us today!Request a Quote